Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753382 Members
5606 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPSIM 6 is not generating Hardware alerts like Temperature, Processor, Fan speed.

Basavaraj Kulli
Occasional Contributor

HPSIM 6 is not generating Hardware alerts like Temperature, Processor, Fan speed.

Hello Friends,

I am new to HP SIM. I have installed HPSIM 6 on windows 2003 server (32 bit). I am monitoring the same server where HPSIM is installed. It is a HP server (HP compaq dc7100 SFF (DX878AV). HP SIM is receiving "reachable" and "unreachable" event from this server. But it is not receiving any other alerts like, Disk threshold, Temperature, Fan Speed, Processor,CPU speed etc. How should I get these alerts to HPSIM from the same server where HPSIM is installed. I tried with setting disk threshold but it shows "Could not set the disk threshold, the agent did not accept the request". Please help me.
3 REPLIES 3
kohuser
Advisor

Re: HPSIM 6 is not generating Hardware alerts like Temperature, Processor, Fan speed.

Hello Basavaraj,
I am afraid that HPSIM does not support hardware monitoring of HP workstations, however, It supports most of HP's servers. Before installing SIM on a server that you want to monitor, please check if the server is SIM compatible.

Good day,

Itamar
Basavaraj Kulli
Occasional Contributor

Hello Itamar,

Thank you for replying. HPSIM 6 is already installed on windows 2003 server and the system is HP compaq dc7100 SFF (DX878AV). And this sytem is not present in the hardware support list of HPSIM installation document. So HPSIM 6 canot monitor hardware alerts for this system?

Thanks &Regards,
Basavaraj C K
kohuser
Advisor

Hi again Basavaraj,

I am afraid that SIM will not monitor workstations, even if it is an HP workstation.

I had a similar problem with hardware monitoring of a Proliant dl140 G3. after about a week I managed to make it work but that is due to the Insight Management MIB update kit for HP Systems Insight Manager for Windows (and SIM had to be installed on the dl 140 in order to make it work). Mostly it will work on HP medium end servers and upward.

Good day,

Itamar