1753481 Members
3723 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HPSIM 7.2 - Hardware traps not picked up

LGentile
Trusted Contributor

Ah, yes, sorry - i can't find this folder however.

Bendom
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

Considering you are using windows OS default path should be C:\Program Files\HP\Systems Insight Manager\traps , but you probably know that. If you somehow installed x86 version at x64 system, please note there are two program files folders and one of them is for x86 programs in default.

Anyway if you are able to find folder where did you installed your HP SIM you should see traps folder inside. I am not aware that there is a GUI option to change this folder or set another path to folder where traps are stored. (If there is such an option please let me know, thank you)

BR,

Martin

LGentile
Trusted Contributor

Yeah, i'm not kidding when i say that folder is missing. We're using 64 bit so I'm looking in the base Program Files structure (same location where the mibs folder is). Traps does not exist. I also searched the HD for it. I can't imagine why this folder would be missing.
shocko
Honored Contributor

That is odd. Can you create it? Is the SNMP service running on the CMS and under what account is it running?

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
LGentile
Trusted Contributor

Yeah, i created the directory, nothing is in there.  SNMP is running as the local system account.  everything "else" is working fine in SIM that i can see..

YogJC

I am facing the same issue with SIM Server not receving the Test Traps sent through SNMP.

Could you let me know the procedures you followed to get the SNMP Traps sent to SIM Server?

Pootch
Frequent Advisor

Upgrade to HP SIM 7.3.x

There was a problem with olther version (7.2 / 7.1). The CMS did not clean up the traps folder (xml files).

Which resulted in no notifications or delayed notifications

NAVCANADA
Occasional Contributor

Sorry i never came back to this thread.  The ultimate solution was for me to install HPSIM 7.3.

I had to wait for that version regardless because of compatibility issues that 7.2 and earlier had with the version of SQL we ran.

Once 7.3 installed, things started to work as they should as far as SNMP communication goes.