New Discussion

HPSIM 7.6 CMS - Migration to new CMS Server OS

SOLVED
Go to solution
LGentile
Trusted Contributor

HPSIM 7.6 CMS - Migration to new CMS Server OS

Hello,

I need to move the base CMS installation from a Windows 2008 server to a new Windows 2016 server.  The DB instance/server is NOT changing.

I am aware of this guide: Data Migration of an Existing Microsoft Windows CMS to a New Insight Management 7.6 System (hpe.com), however it mentions dropping the SQL DB if using the same server and/or creating a new one.

I've done a couple of moves in the past and I don't recall having to do this.  I recall installing SIM and simply pointing it the existing DB/server, then re-creating any customizations I had (but it was a fairly older version - maybe 7.1?)

Any tips, shortcuts, etc?  Anyone else done only a CMS move and not the DB?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Suman_1978
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: HPSIM 7.6 CMS - Migration to new CMS Server OS

Hi,

I found some links, does this help?
https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-c00740865
How to Move a Systems Insight Manager SQL 2008 Database from Local to Remote (hpe.com)

Thank You!
https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/home

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

LGentile
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

Thanks..  I've decided to use this opportunity to start fresh and re-discover what's left of our old HPE equipment.  It would take me less time vs. cleaning up the current DB and fixing the known issues.

Thanks again.

LGentile
Trusted Contributor

Thanks. I ended up just asking for a new database and installing fresh and re-discovering my devices.  It took a lot less time (I think) and i didn't need to have a DBA available to load data (after I was given the new DB).