1748180 Members
4041 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HPSIM Agent Timeouts

Annette Jones_2
Regular Advisor

HPSIM Agent Timeouts

Anyone suffering from timeouts when trying to contact servers from the CMS? I seem to be getting this frequently, and when these timeouts occur you can't drill down into any of the agent information.
HP Insight Management Agent 2003 7.51.0.0
HP Insight Homepage Agent 2.1.5.146
HP Version Control Agent 2.1.4.750
Please see screenshots also, regards
A
9 REPLIES 9
Annette Jones_2
Regular Advisor

Re: HPSIM Agent Timeouts

sorry here is the screenshot
Ulrich Jahn
Advisor

can you access to the system management homepage log?
Annette Jones_2
Regular Advisor

yes I can, I've restarted the agents so the issue has gone away for the moment, but there are details around the problem:

WARNING LOG (severity=1) Wed Feb 14 11:55:40 2007
Single Sign On User:auto_generated from 165.47.8.54 was DENIED access to System Management Homepage

INFORMATION LOG (severity=0) Wed Feb 14 11:55:55 2007
User: removed from 165.47.8.54 was authenticated and authorized with 'Administrator' rights

WARNING LOG (severity=1) Wed Feb 14 11:57:48 2007
Single Sign On User:auto_generated from 165.47.8.54 was DENIED access to System Management Homepage

WARNING LOG (severity=1) Wed Feb 14 11:58:01 2007
User: removed from 165.47.8.54 was DENIED access to System Management Homepage

ALthough the same users acces ok after the agent restart!
Simon Wesbter
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I had this same problem sometime ago. The cause was the VC agent. Stop the agent service on one of your servers and see if the timeout still happens. The problem I had was with Windows firewall and port 2301 and 2381 not being open on the CMS.

Thanks.
Annette Jones_2
Regular Advisor

Thanks Simon,

With over 1500 servers I don't want to have to keep restarting any services to be honest. I'm wondering if its down to the agent version, because the problem is increasing, and it defeats the requirement of having a CMS when you have to logon to servers to restart agents.

If anyone can come up with any other idea's I would be grateful.

Regards

A
Simon Wesbter
Occasional Contributor

It may be down to version, idealy you should always run the lastest version, though saying that we run a mixture of numbers up from 5.40 to 7.60 on current builds with varying VC agent versions. If you pick on a single server, stop the VC agent and check if the timeout occurs. If it dosen't then you know where your problem is. Are you running Windows 2003 SP1 with firewall?? If so are the ports open?? You can also check the System Management Homepage logs, they will tell you which agent is causing the timeout.
Brian Walker_7

Add "localhost" to your SNMP security settings.

Go to SNMP service Security Tab, Accept SNMP packets from these hosts.

click on add

IP address of your insight server and localhost.

Seems to fix this problem for me.
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

HERE is the every point to check

1 All you re server SNMP setting are set for TRAPS>Communite name(correc name),TRAPS>Communite name>traps destination> 1-server Insight & 2-127.0.0.1
#2 All you re server snmp setting are set for SECURITE> Accepted community name>Communite name(correc name),All you re server snmp setting are set for SECURITE> Accepted community name>Communite name> Accepted packet from these host>1-server Insight & 2-127.0.0.1.

3# in youre Home page manegement>Setting>Securite
A_IP Binding-Nothing
B_IP Restricted Login-Nothing
C_Local Server Certificate-Nothing
D_Local/Anonymous Access-Nothing
E_Trust Mode>Secure Trust Modes:Trust by Certificate
F_Trusted Management Servers>Importe you Insight server certificate
G_User Groups-Nothing.

Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

And all these doesn't work then we go the HP Insight Management Agent 2003, you're is the version 7.51 we have now the version 7.70:
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/25140.html

the homepage is 2.1.7.168,you're is 2.1.5.146
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/26003.html