New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPSIM Backup

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jose Antonio_5
Advisor

HPSIM Backup

Hi,
I┬┤m a new HPSIM user. I have to make a periodic HPSIM backup, but I don┬┤t know what files, tables,... Can anybody help me?
6 REPLIES 6
Bill Slobodnik
Frequent Advisor

If your using a full version SQL Database, backing up the Insight database should suffice if your just concerned with HPSIM backup and not a full server.
I have a DR session of HPSIM set up with a DR SQL server as well. Copying/restoring the Insight database to the backup server and pointing the HPSIM DR session to that DB by editing the Database.props file to point to the DR SQL server will allow a complete DR solution.
Jose Antonio_5
Advisor

Hi,
I├В┬┤m sorry. I├В┬┤m using MSDE...
MsCindy
Advisor

The link below has the steps in it to back up your HPSIM database when it is a MSDE database. The only bad thing is that you have to shut down HPSIM when doing it.
http://www.hp.com/wwsolutions/misc/hpsim-helpfiles/mxhelp/mxportal/en/admin_ref_dbBackup_windows.html

Hope that helps!
Jose Antonio_5
Advisor

Hi, thanks for your reply.
I have made the backup yesterday, and I have saw that it├В┬┤s not necesary stop services (when we made a restore yes, but when we made a backup, it seems, it not necesary). Are you agree??
Thanks, Jose.
MsCindy
Advisor

Sorry, I must have been incorrect when stating you had to stop the services to perform a backup. It has been some time since I did a MSDE backup because we have switched to a SQL database.

Glad the article helped!
sandeep_raman
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hello Jose,

You are correct.
Restoring files for use with MSDE
Microsoft Access 2000 includes the RESTORE command in the Database Utilities menu of an Access project for restoring an MSDE database. If SQL Client Tools are installed, SQL Enterprise Manager can also be used to restore an MSDE database. To restore the data files for MSDE use, perform the following procedure.
1. If HP SIM is running, stop the HP SIM service and any HP SIM plug-in applications, such as HP Performance Management Pack.

SRH