1751980 Members
4974 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HPSIM: Cluster Monitor Status Change - Node

Harm Tilburgs
Advisor

HPSIM: Cluster Monitor Status Change - Node

From HP Insight Manager we receive this messages. Can someone explain what this means?

-----------------------------------------------

Event Details:
Cluster Monitor Status Change - Node

Event Identification and Details
Event Severity: Informational
Cleared Status: Not cleared
Event Source: Cluster Monitor
Associated System:
Associated System Status: Normal
Event Time: Mon, 1/23/2006, 5:07:59 PM CET
Description: Node

Event Details:

Disk Resource:
disk P: on node nlan01cn02 of cluster nlan01cl01 status indeterminate.

Disk Resource:
disk O: on node nlan01cn02 of cluster nlan01cl01 status indeterminate.

Disk Resource:
disk N: on node nlan01cn02 of cluster nlan01cl01 status indeterminate.

Disk Resource:
disk L: on node nlan01cn02 of cluster nlan01cl01 status indeterminate.

Disk Resource:
disk K: on node nlan01cn02 of cluster nlan01cl01 status indeterminate.
11 REPLIES 11
MicroIT
Frequent Advisor

Did you ever receive a response on how to stop these messages? I also receive them on 6.2 and there is nothing wrong with the cluster. I assume they are LUNs that particular node can't access but who cares if there is no real problem, how do I stop them?
Peter G Brown
Occasional Contributor

you can always go in an permanantly disable the cluster monitoring on each physical node...

hey.. at least you're getting event descriptions, we often won't even get that:

Event Identification and Details
Event Severity Normal
Cleared Status Not cleared
Event Source HP Systems Insight Manager
Associated System bwgshoxbpac
Associated System Status Normal
Event Time Thu, 1/6/2011, 12:21 AM CST
Description The current system is now reachable from the central management server, hardware status polling has marked this system as responding
Event Category Systems Insight Manager Events
Assignee
Comments
MicroIT
Frequent Advisor

Oh, that little message about the cluster object is now reachable from the CMS we get ALL day. There is nothing wrong with the cluster so it is just spam in my opinion. I would love to figure out what is going on with HP SIM and monitoring clusters. Even a good document from HP would be appreciated, all about monitoring the cluster and how to set it up.
shocko
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I had the same problem. What i did was con to 'Control Panel-> HP Management Agents' and cleared all the thresholds. I havent seen these messages in 2 days so far so i'll keep you posted

clear_thresholds.png

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
MagneAa

Had this problem as well and having SMS-alerts on all Critical Uncleared Events didn't make it any better. Tried the solution suggested here to no avail, BUT found a solution configuring HP Systems Insight Manager. We are running Version:Systems Insight Manager 6.3 - Windows     Build version:C.06.03.00.00. And what I did was just to go into Options - Cluster Monitor - Node Resource Settings and setting the thresholds to something greater than the default. Set All Disks to Major - 100, Reset - 95, Minor - 94, Reset - 89 and All CPU to Major - 100, Reset - 95, Minor - 94, Reset - 89. Fixed it for us. Hope it helps.

Ana C Abarca
Occasional Visitor

Hp is working on a fix.

This is just an informational non critical message that can be ignored.

Let's wait for SIM 7.0.

rfcilia

SIM 7.0 is coming out in February 2012,

I'm really disappointed in the HP SIM upgrades.

We were running with SIM 5.3, told it was unsupported (it really wasn't giving us grief) but we were told that we should upgrade to continue receiving support.  Upgraded from 5.3 to 6.0 and that's when all of these useless emails start being generated similar to this:

"Server Name XXXX: System is reachable,

The current system is now reachable from the central management server, hardware status polling has marked this system as responding"

The system never went "unreachable" and we continue receiving emails for the same set of servers over and over again, a lot of them are production systems and we monitor them and get paged on them as well so what do we do, disable monitoring of a production system and if it actually does fail, we're screwed because we disabled monitoring.  If we continue to monitor these systems, we get paged umpteen times in the middles of the night on our phones that the system is reachable.

How does an upgrade break something so badly?

I went on to upgrade from 6.0 to 6.1b hoping there were be an improvement in this situation, no improvement is seen.

I upgrade from 6.1b to 6.2, and then from 6.2 to 6.3, no improvement, the false positives continue.

I've tried the fix of changing the node resource settings in SIM under Options > Cluster Monitor and adjusted the polling rates, the disk and cpu threshold values, nothing has improved this issue.

Has anyone else come up with a potential fix, February 2012 seems like light years away at this point.

I'm almost tempted to go back to SIM v5.3 at this point, I don't know if I can handle a month of this nonsense.

HP if you're reading this, please show some love on this issue.

Kedrick

I have installed HP SIM 7.0 and still get this message.  Any other suggestions

Vasquez_jj
Established Member

Same issue here, hope someone on HP can do something for all of us... 

This is something incredible that they don't pay attention to this problem. And I must say that this is a real problem.