cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[HPSIM_DEBUG] null object was null

Yvan Lefevre
Advisor

[HPSIM_DEBUG] null object was null

My hard disk is filling up because the mxdomainmgr.0.log file is continuously growing.

The file is filled with the following line:
5 REPLIES
Change_happens
Honored Contributor

Re: [HPSIM_DEBUG] null object was null

Why don't you upgrade to latest one that anyways you wanted to do. current version is 5.2.1.
So after 5.1 SP1 one more 5.2 came and then 5.2.1.
Its just a suggestion because anyway you may want upgrade it to that soon.
Yvan Lefevre
Advisor

Indeed, I could upgrade to the latest version but I'm not sure it'll solve the problem (it could even become worse, who knows!).

Btw, I did upgrade more than two months ago (so 5.1 SP1 was the latest version at that time) but did notice the problem only last week because it's growing slowly (~35 MB a week).

it is an "INFO" log message. It will be possible to turn it off.
you will have to get to debug mode and change the log level to "error" or "critial", for packages/classes that have logging enabled - unless you are debugging some issue.

If you have these message showing up regularly, its probably from the health status polling module. Probably one of the plugins to SIM has confugured a faulty poller. Im sure an upgrade of SIM will get it in sync and remove this problem.

Yvan Lefevre
Advisor

Ok, I've upgraded. The error is not gone but has changed:
INFO [HPSIM_DEBUG] [Panic Logger-0] (Construction Cache for HardwareStatusPolling:1) HW Polling null object was null

The number after HardwareStatusPolling changes from 1 to 20 (at first view).

Gosh! sorry about the extra work. Does look like we were correct about the message coming from the health status polling module.
you'll have to check on this with product support.