Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752700 Members
6198 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPSIM Upgrade 5.3.. and HP Home Page shows different..

phr00zen
Advisor

HPSIM Upgrade 5.3.. and HP Home Page shows different..

Hello Everyone,

I recently upgraded my HPSIM to 5.3 version and installed the patch too.
When I log into the HP Systems Homepage for my SIM server, it goes to a new page where asks for passsword for administrator/operator/user. I have never seen this page before.. not sure what password to give here..

Before the upgrade the HP Systems Home page was working fine. Do we need to install any components along with the HPSIM upgrade?

I checked the VCR and that gives error too. How does one install the VCRM? I have not much idea of HPSIM so please let me know all the details as possible..

Thanks in Advance
4 REPLIES 4
marsh_1
Honored Contributor

hi,

sounds like you had a trust by certificate before the upgrade, you might want to go into hp sim and reconfigure that, check out the hp sim credentials chapter (system credentials, single sign-on) here :-

http://h10018.www1.hp.com/wwsolutions/misc/hpsim-helpfiles/hpsim-trg-53.pdf

hth

phr00zen
Advisor

Thanks for the reply. But I tried to trust by certificate option for the SIM server. But I still can't access the Systems home page.
It gets re-directed to https://localhost:2381/cpqlogin.htm?RedirectUrl=/&RedirectQueryString=..

Any idea how to check if VCRM is working or not?

How to get this abouve resolved?
phr00zen
Advisor

Thanks man. that resolved the first issue. AFter the trust by certificate was checked, now I can altleast see the home page.
But after the home page, its just gets timed out gathering the data..
I rebooted the server, restarted services, but still there would be no data shown..

Error-
"A Timeout occured while loading data for the HP System Management Homepage which may result in missing or incomplete information. See the HP System Management Homepage log for additional information"
marsh_1
Honored Contributor

hi,

thats usually the snmp settings, check that you've got the strings correct for both read and write communities.

hth