HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HPSIM Web Service Crash & Tons of false alert

DaveTaleo
Occasional Contributor

HPSIM Web Service Crash & Tons of false alert

Sometime I receive a lot of false alert on my pager from HPSIM telling me that all of my servers are down, false cluster errors.

When that problem occured the Web service stop responding and when I try to logon in HPSIM I get a "The page cannot be diplayed, Cannot fin server or DNS error" I got that message after the "Checking http server status" window.

I also have a lot of theses error in the msdomainmgr.out file :
19:48:55,541 ERROR [AbstractDeploymentScanner$ScannerThread] Scanning failed; continuing
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.jboss.net.protocol.file.FileURLLister.listFiles(FileURLLister.java:71)
at org.jboss.net.protocol.file.FileURLLister.listMembers(FileURLLister.java:40)
at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner.scan(URLDeploymentScanner.java:376)
at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.AbstractDeploymentScanner$ScannerThread.doScan(AbstractDeploymentScanner.java:201)
at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.AbstractDeploymentScanner$ScannerThread.loop(AbstractDeploymentScanner.java:212)
at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.AbstractDeploymentScanner$ScannerThread.run(AbstractDeploymentScanner.java:191)

Is someone have an idea?? Thanks

Dave
3 REPLIES
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: HPSIM Web Service Crash & Tons of false alert

Sounds like some kind of network error.

Are you sure these are false alerts and not the fact HPSIM is having trouble establishing contact with Servers.
DaveTaleo
Occasional Contributor

I'm pretty sure it's not network related because one time when this problem occured I was logged in VPN and I working remotly on a server that logged a alert that it was unreachable. Everything works fine.

Just to add to the The page cannot be displayed error, this error arrive remotly & locally on the HPSIM server even if I use the IP instead of the FQDN.

Most of the server that logged theses errors are on the same subnet than my HPSIM server.

DaveTaleo
Occasional Contributor

Any idea ?!?