108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPSIM & Warranty

SOLVED
Go to solution
grvnetteam
Advisor

From looking at your screen shots, this is exactly what happened to me the first time around. RSP has not been integrated with SIM correctly. the install was very, very picky with the order of events.

You are getting errors when you run the Warranty Collection as well, and this is exactly the issue I had.

i found that I had messed up the steps when installing, and re-installed. After that, all was well.

I can try and re-hash the install process i went through, so let me know if you need that.
Steve_576
Frequent Advisor

If you don't mind, I would appreciate it. I thought we followed it to a "T".
grvnetteam
Advisor

If you don't mind, give me a day to get this to you, but I will get it to you.
Steve_576
Frequent Advisor

Thanks! I'll take any info I can get, whenever I can get it :)
Andy Stubbings
Frequent Advisor

I am having the same problem, CW column not displaying the status shown in Remote Software config tab.

did you ever get a fix for this?
Steve_576
Frequent Advisor

nope, I'm still in the same boat though I've not gotten back to it. I have also run into a few others with the same issue.
U. Rasmussen

I've also seen the same issue on several installs I've done. I have yet to find a good solution for this one. Any help appreciated on this one, it seems to be quite a widespread issue.
grvnetteam
Advisor

I am sorry for not getting my reply back to you sooner.....been busy.

Here is what I did, since I did not follow the directions completely to get Remote Support enabled.

1) I un-installed HPSIM, and all components
2) Deleted all databases, and created empty ones
3) I then followed the HPSIM 5.1 install guide to the letter...allowing a day or so for collection and identification
4) I then followed the Remote Support install guide to the letter

Once this was done, I was able to see the warranty status and Remote Support information was correct...for some systems.

I then had the tedious task of filling in Prod/Serial/Entitlement info for every system, using our ITRC as a baseline.

the end result - A fully funtional Remote Support and auto-case generation system!! We have had a lot of use thanks to hard drive/memory/power supply failures, and this works great!

Not to mention the warranty reports for all of our Proliant systems.

I hope this helps.
Steve_576
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately this process did not work for me.

Thought the latest remote support software upgrades that were released recently seem to have fixed the issue.

My battle at this point is why Insight Manager produces a product number that is seemingly incorrect for most of my systems.

For example, a d530 workstations is discovered as product number 2140.

Warranty lookup fails as invalid product

SIM says in product description it is a d530 CMT (DC577AV)

If I change the autodiscovered 2140 to DC577AV then warranty lookup is successful.

So, in one spot SIM seems to have the product number needed for warranty lookup to succeed but in the product number field its putting in numbers like 2140, 2698, 2150, etc forms.

If I manually correct, all seems well. SIM reports the apparently incorrect product number in 85% of my cases so I can't manually change all of these.

Anyone with similar issues?
grvnetteam
Advisor

I have not seen any issues with incorrect Product Id's.

We only use HPSIM for our servers/network gear, and we do not keep any workstations in SIM.

The only suggestion I have is to make sure your Asset and Contact information is filled out, because it needs this information to work correctly.

Sorry I haven't ben more help.