4568 Online
108791 Solutions
New Discussion

HPSIM and CommandView

Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

HPSIM and CommandView

Hi All,
Are there any known issues running CommandView and HPSIM on the same server?
HPSIM 5.0 SP5, CV EVA 5.0.2 plus SMI-S. EVA8000 running 5.020.
Reason I ask is that I cannot get the CV EVA page to load after installation, I just get Page not found errors.

In addition this morning all of my VCA's are now reporting that they're not configured.
If I try accessing them via the Homepage link or directly they just timeout and finnaly all of my SMH's give the "A timeout error occurred" message when I access them although they do go on to list all of the SMH panels.

So is anyone running
1 REPLY 1
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: HPSIM and CommandView

Hmmm sent before finishing - too many distractions.
I've since pulled CV-EVA and SMI-S out of the HPSIM server.
Mostly things are working again except for VCA.
The sw icons are still showing they're not configured.
Running a S/W polling task does nothing.
A couple of odd things, we have a couple of NT4 Servers running the old agents - they're fine!

Also a newly built server, connected to the VCRM okay and now looks fine from the VCA.

If I browse to the VCA, it hangs, unless I chose the log tab, which works. So the issue does seem to be in the communication back to the VCRM.
I cannot replicate settings, that fails. If it was a credentials issue I would expect to see the failure and then an option to re-add. So, again it seems to be passing through that but getting hung in the VCRM itself.

Anyone seen anything like this before.

Or, has anyone got CV-EVA 5 and HPSIM 5 working on the same server? - any issues?