Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753855 Members
7604 Online
108808 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPSIM for monitor Disk, CPU, Memory usage!!

Anh.Quan
Frequent Advisor

HPSIM for monitor Disk, CPU, Memory usage!!

Dear All,

We are using HP-UX OS (11.00 and 11.11) for all servers. I installed HP SIM. now I want to config HPSIM for monitor Servers (how many percent of CPU, MEM, DISK use). please help me to do these!!

Many thanks,
Vu.
3 REPLIES 3
frank vandebergh
Frequent Advisor

For this you can use performance management pack. first you'll need to license the servers that you want to monitor, then you can setup alerts.
If PMP is installed you can go to Options > Performance Management Options > Licensing , from within SIM. You can license 5 servers for free.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Errr no to the above, the OS is HP-UX and that is not an OS listed as supported by PMP.

The agents should have sections where thresholds can be set, certainly for disk space and cpu usage. In windows there's a pagefile threshold which is a good indication of memory overuse. When a threshold is breached the agent sends an SNMP Trap to HPSIM. From there you can e-mail based on that trap or whatever.

Also, you can write reports that extract data from the HPSIM Database, I run a weekly report to pull out disks that are over 80% full.
Anh.Quan
Frequent Advisor

Dear Rob Buxton,

Can you tell me more detail about your solution ??

Many thanks,
Vu.