1752590 Members
2976 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPSIM: insight power manager

Thomas Genzyme
Occasional Advisor

HPSIM: insight power manager

I keep getting the following error when i try to display power/termal data.
"iLO Error Response: 95 (Login credentials rejected.)"

I have ilo and insight control license.
HPSIM => Options => Insight power manager is acticated and configured with same user a ilo.

Doesn anyone know what goes wrong.

6 REPLIES 6
Sharath K S
Frequent Advisor

Hi,
What is the iLO2 firmware version that is being used and what is the Insight Power Manager version that is being used?
Thomas Genzyme
Occasional Advisor

HP ProLiant iLO 2 Management Controller Driver for Windows Server 2003 1.12.0.0
Thomas Genzyme
Occasional Advisor

HP SIM 5.3 SP1
phil gaisford
Advisor

The problem description is consistent with behavior observed with Insight Power Manager (IPM) 2.0 (or earlier) and ProLiant iLO2 firmware versions 1.79 or later.

The following will be a sufficient workaround:

1. Navigate to the IPM options screen (Options\Insight Power Manager Options├в ┬ж); clear any credentials entered in the Default Management Processor Access Credentials section; click apply at the bottom of the screen.
2. Delete from HP SIM the management processor system of any servers exhibiting this error.
3. Create a discovery task (Options\Discovery) for the management processors of any servers you wish to use with IPM; be sure to provide the discovery task with appropriate access credentials.
4. Run the discovery task. When complete, view the system credentials (for example Options\Security\Credentials\System Credentials├в ┬ж) for the management processors and verify that HP SIM has created sign-in credentials for each.
5. Return to the IPM report page and click the ├в Refresh Data├в button. Data collection will now proceed using the HP SIM sign-in credentials established during system discovery.
Thomas Genzyme
Occasional Advisor

That worked. Fantastic. I had been searching foor weeks.

Many thanks.

Tom
Thomas Genzyme
Occasional Advisor

Read comments