New Discussion юеВ

HPSIM setup agent config & certificates

SOLVED
Go to solution
Muzz_1
Occasional Advisor

HPSIM setup agent config & certificates

Hi There,

I seem to be having some difficulty setting up adding a certificate to the HP System Management Homepage.

The problem is that I can't seem to be able to configure the HP System Management Homepage for Windows.

When I select trust by certificate then move on to the certificates page, click browse and select my .cer file I get "Error: Unable to read the certificate file."

If I manually enter the path & filename of the certificate and click on add I get "The certificate data is invalid".

I am sure that I must be missing something obvious so any pointers would be very much appreciated!

Regards

Murray
7 REPLIES 7
Rancher
Honored Contributor

Re: HPSIM setup agent config & certificates

I used a different cert file than you are trying to use. The path for my certificate is \\Simservername\C$\compaq\wbem\cert.pem
Everything works fine, in my case.
Muzz_1
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

I tried that but I get the same errors. I am configuring the smh from a remote machine so I am not sure if that is relevant at all.

I have since found out that if I login to the sim server and run the psp setup in the vcrm repository it seems to work as expected as I can configure the home page and add certificates.

It just seems that doing this from a browser on a remote machine causes this problem.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor
Solution

Export the certificate from HPSIM and then open it in something like Notepad and do a cut and paste into the set up.

Manually enter the FQDN for the server.
Muzz_1
Occasional Advisor

That's great. Thanks. Do you mean to set the certificate name to hostname+fqdn?
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Yes so it would read something like: myserver.mysite.com
Muzz_1
Occasional Advisor

great. Thanks for your help.

Murray
Muzz_1
Occasional Advisor