cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HPSIM states Checking HTTP Server Status

Daniel Thrun
Valued Contributor

HPSIM states Checking HTTP Server Status

Greetings. I had an answer before but it is not located here anymore. Basically my HP Systems Insight Manager system is running without issues and access the database is OK, but I can never get to the home page. This is either locally or remotely. IT states Checking HTTP Server Status and time XX:XX?

Any ideas? Thanks

21 REPLIES
JP_26
Advisor

Re: HPSIM states Checking HTTP Server Status

Please check your proxy settings. If you have an Internet Explorer proxy enabled, please try after disabling it.

Regards,

JP
Daniel Thrun
Valued Contributor

Greetings. No that is not it... There is supposed to be a file that is not releasing and or it needs to be deleted then HPSIM restart, but for the life of me I cannot remember the file. Thanks though!
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Daniel:

You should never see "checking http server status" when accessing remotely. Are you saying you are unable to access with http://SERVER:280 or https://SERVER:50000 ?
Daniel Thrun
Valued Contributor

Greetings. What happens is out when I try to reach it remotely it does not come up at all(standard IE non working site) and the error box is when I try to run it locally on the server that it is on using https://servername:50000 I cannot use the :280 as this is an HP NetServer and the TopTools agents use that one... It says that the service is started, and it does send out message alerts so I know that it is running. I cannot bring it up via the web. Rebooting the server does not help and there are no other error messages with the Database or hpsim itself. Just no web access....
Hasan_6
Occasional Visitor

Try running first the following file on the SIM Server.
C:\Program Files\HP\Systems Insight Manager\sim.bat
Dave Byrum
Occasional Advisor

I am having the same issue. I am running on a Win2k3 server.

- I have removed any proxy requirements
- I have tried to access local and remote with the same results and Daniel.
- tried to reinstall the product
- Tried to run the sim.bat file

Any other idea's?

thanks
Dave
Dave Byrum
Occasional Advisor

As a note, I can see in the Application Event log each time I try to run the desktop icon, I see DXDomainManager restarted.

Not sure if that helps or not.

David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Dave:

The shortcut that is loaded on the central management server calls a JavaScript applet that tries to determine if the HP SIM service is running or not. If it tests false, the script will attempt to start the service and loop to the beginning. Your symptom of MXDomainMgr restarting is caused by this. For some reasons, some systems just don't ever return a true to the service check. It's best to ignore the shortcut in that case and launch the browser and type the address to access.
Dave Byrum
Occasional Advisor

I have tried to access the server via the web page locally. This is the error I recieve in the events log:

mxdomainmgr(error): received an remote exception while binding to RMI registry.

Idea's?

Thanks
Dave
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

And does it work from a remote browser?
Dave Byrum
Occasional Advisor

No, when I try to remote start it, the "restarting dxdomainmanager" event in the log.

I had this running on XP with no issue after the initial install. I was unabel to use the system for the log term so I had moved it to a fresh new install on 2003. There has to be some thing that i am not doing that is in the readme.txt file. I have tried to account for all the 2003 things that need to be done, but I must be missing something. I think at this time, I'll try to uninstall and reinstall and see how it goes.

Dave Byrum
Occasional Advisor

Uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled the product.

I get three messages in the event logs every 45 sec or so:
- HP System Insight Manager Started
- Restarting MxDomainManager
- Restart was successful

The install created three services running on the server:

HP System Management Homepage
HP System Insight Manager
HP Version Control Repository Manager

The Insight Manager is running as the user who installed the applications which is a Administrative user. The other two are running as Local System.

The page neither runs locally or remotely.

trying to connect to http://server_name:280

Idea's?
Thanks
Dave

Art Collier
Occasional Visitor

I'm getting the exact same error(s) on my fresh install of SIM 4.2..
Dave Byrum
Occasional Advisor

Thought I would bump this to see if anyone has an idea. Have around 200+ servers I would like to maintain. Would be nice to use this tool.

Thanks
Dave
Ivan KOVAC
Respected Contributor

Hello

Dave and Daniel wich version of HP SIM do you have installed.

I.
Dave Byrum
Occasional Advisor

I have SIM 4.2 version installed.

BTW, I did find the solution to the issue. For Windows 2003 you need to ENABLE the SNTP Trap service.

This should fix the issue. Well, did for me. Good luck to you all.

Dave
tintin31
Advisor

For information, I have exactly the same problem today. Yesterday, I installed Netbackup client on the sim server, that's all.

And it appears errors on the application event just after the installation of this client.
So, I cannot access anymore localy or remotely Insight at the console.

So, have you find any solution about this problem?

Many thanks!!!
Dave Byrum
Occasional Advisor

For me, it was simply the SNMP trap server was not starting. But I would check each one of these service to make sure they are listed as "Started":

HP System Insight Manager
HP System Management Homepage
SNMP Trap Service

Hope it helps,
Dave
tintin31
Advisor

All of them are started, thank you.
Marcus Reichenbacher
Occasional Visitor

Hi there.

I got the same Problem like described the 2nd time. Last time I reinstalled HP SIM and the problem was gone for just nearly one year. Now I have the problem again. I don't have the time and desire to install HP SIM again. I'm using the last version of HP SIM, disabled the Proxy and restarted all services. The server makes a daily reboot.

Is there a final solution?
Marcus Reichenbacher
Occasional Visitor

I solved my problem by turning back the password for the domain-admin that I'm also using for the SIM login on the sql server database, which I had changed before.