1753784 Members
6844 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPSIM vers 7.60.0 several probs

jernatety
Occasional Advisor

HPSIM vers 7.60.0 several probs

I'm currently trying to upgrade version control agent on several 2000 server servers. Each one I get a different message when trying to update software.

1.Version Control Agent Not detected, (no version control agent detected on target system).

2.Version Control Agent Trust Relationship Problem

Each one has version control agent installed to latest 7.60, SNMP is configured and hardware is picked up during polling and approved. SW just won't pick up after a deployment and polling is run.

Any ideas?
5 REPLIES 5
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Has the server rebooted since the deployment?
I've seen some installs not reboot the server. Failure to do so usually impacts the VCA.
jernatety
Occasional Advisor

Thank you for your reply, yes they've been rebooted several times. Please excuse my version number it's 5 with sp5 and the proliant deployment package is 7.60. Sorry, I have a headache with trying to get this to work. Now when I go to the hardware login and check the settings, everything comes back green but when I go back to the server list hardware is green check and sw is blue i.
Mike Angley
Advisor

Sounds like you need to run software status polling or Bi-weekly data collection, your DB in SIM does not jive with what the server is saying.
jernatety
Occasional Advisor

Agreed with the polling. However, I do run the poll after the deployment and that too completes with no error. I did find though. If I run just a single deployment per suspect out of date item, those items refuse to complete and fail out immediately. Is it possible HP sim isn't compatible with particular installed hardware?

I've not yet to try the bi-weekly poll.
jernatety
Occasional Advisor

Actually just checked with my manager and collection is set to run every night @ 6 pm EST>