Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1748014 Members
4500 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HPSIM very slow in processing alerts if at all.

Jon_151
Regular Advisor

HPSIM very slow in processing alerts if at all.

Running SIM 5.0 for a year. Since the new DST it has been a disaster. Traps do not get to SIM, but are sent OR take over 5 hours to get there. I got a free snmp reciever and it gets the traps. Not sure what to do with it. I will build a new one with 5.1 but would like to get this on working while I am building the new one. Just wondering if the DST change has anytihing to do with it. Any one else having similar issues? I am guessing it will move forward on Sunday April 1?
2 REPLIES 2
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Re: HPSIM very slow in processing alerts if at all.

No, it shouldn't be related. Generally you will see the event be timestamped with the non-DST time. It could be a coincidence...has your database grown to a very large size? How many events are in the All Events collection? If you're using MSDE and have more than 5,000 events (50,000 for SQL) that could account for it.
Jon_151
Regular Advisor

Re: HPSIM very slow in processing alerts if at all.

David,

I did purge the Event DB it had about 2500 events. It has 300 events now. I have ran into this before. What I would like to do is drop the DB and create a new one. Do you have instructions on how to do so or can you point me some where that does? I would like to get it working until we build another system with the new version of SIM. Also the mxdomainmgr is sucking the life out of the CPU. Again I have seen this before and corrected it by dropping the DB and having a new one created.