1753797 Members
7129 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPSMH crashes repeatedly on SIM server

Mikael R├╢nnb├дck
Super Advisor

HPSMH crashes repeatedly on SIM server

After upgrading to the new SSD 7.90 the SMH keeps on crash├нng all the time, on the SIM server only as far as I've seen which is lucky that it is not all other machines too.

Any ideas why ?

This is what is logged in Windows eventviewer

EventID 1004:
Reporting queued error: faulting application hpsmhd.exe, version 2.1.10.186, faulting module msvcrt.dll, version 7.0.3790.3959, fault address 0x00037101.
7 REPLIES 7
Gladiator
Valued Contributor

Which version of windows OS are you using.

Could you please attach the error log files if possible. It is there in c:/hp/hpsmh/logs/.

Which SIM version are you using and on which Server did you install SIM.

Thanks
Sinto
Mikael R├╢nnb├дck
Super Advisor

The OS is Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition, running Servicepack 2
The hardware SIM is running on is an HP ProLiant DL 585 (G1) with 4 x AMD Opteron 2.40 GHz dual core processors and 8 GB of RAM.

SIM is currently running version 5.1 SP1, an upgrade from 5.0 SP4.

And the SMH worked perfectly when on v 7.60 until upgraded to v 7.90.

There are several log files, I am not sure which one you are looking for or what info from them ? At least some of the logs seem to contain user names, machine names and IP adresses so I would like to know what you need so I can edit out parts I cannot disclose from the logs before I attach it here.

Thanks
Mikael
mark q
Regular Advisor

New eror with version 3.0.0.64 - just reported to hp.

Reporting queued error: faulting application hpsmhd.exe, version 3.0.0.64, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.2.3790.3959, fault address 0x0002a754.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
MeierDavid
Regular Advisor

Hello,

did you get any solution for this problem?

Thanks
Teddy Choi

Mark/anyone - find any resolution or source of the issue? We're seeing a similar error:

Application Error:1000
Faulting application hpsmhd.exe, version 3.0.0.64, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.2.3790.4455, fault address 0x000210e8.

Haven't found any leads yet.
Chad_75
Occasional Advisor

Has anyone found an answer to this?
William Devrell

I found this error to be caused by running an IIS web server with PHP installed on the same box as SIM. Removing PHP fixed the problem.