1748032 Members
4777 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPSim Not Reporting NIC Cards

Melanie Sang
Frequent Advisor

HPSim Not Reporting NIC Cards

on about 15 of our new Windows 2003 SP2 R2 Servers, running a network team, on DL380 G5, when you log onto the System Management Homepage, it shows a ? against the NIC, and all is lists is the Virtual LAN, and does not show the Network team. I've restarted all the agents and no luck. We are running the latest PSP on these servers, with HPSIM5.2
6 REPLIES 6
Derek_56
Valued Contributor

Melanie,

The first thing that I'd check would be that the HP Insight NIC Agents running without errors and that you have the NIC Information enabled in the foundation agent applet under the control panel? (see attachment.)
Also, are you using SNMP or WBEM (WMI) as a data source for the HP System Management Homepage and what version of the ProLiant Support Pack (PSP) do you have loaded? I've had issues with the homepage under PSP 8.10 using WBEM. Either I didn't have it properly configured, or there are still some bugs and it's missing some items. I've defaulted back to keeping SNMP for now.
Melanie Sang
Frequent Advisor

We are using SNMP on all our servers. The NIC agents are all in the HP Management Agents. We are running PSP 8.11. I've even tried to remove the NIC agent, restart SNMP and then re-add it back in, and it still just comes up as Virtual Interface ?
sandeep_raman
Honored Contributor

1/ Open the NCU and dissolve the team
2/ Upgrade to the latest PSP or NCU
3/ Re-establish the team

If no change, change the data source to WBEM in SMHP

/SRH
Melanie Sang
Frequent Advisor

Hi
We've now updated all our software to latest PSP v8.15. I've removed HP NIC Agents from monitoring. I've broken the team, and then recreated it. I've then put back HP NIC agents to the monitoring, and for a while, I can see the correct NIC Cards being reported. But, after half a day, they disappear again, and I'm left with just the Virtual LAN. If I do the whole thing again, I get the NIC Team showing, but once again, for half a day
Melanie Sang
Frequent Advisor

All of our servers have now stopped reporting on the TEAMED network connections. If a server has a single network adapter in it, it is reported correctly by HPSIM. But, as 99% of our servers have a TEAMED Network connection, this is no longer seen by HPSIM.

Anyone got any ideas?
Melanie Sang
Frequent Advisor

Have just noticed that the servers that no longer work are the ones that used to have HP WBEM Providers installed. We have removed this from our servers, as it was causing too many errors, but now, we are no longer getting the correct information reported for each server