5450 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HSM on DL320 G3 - No info and no tasks like on ML350 G4

Glenn Gagn├й
Occasional Advisor

HSM on DL320 G3 - No info and no tasks like on ML350 G4

Hi,

I have 3 HP servers. One ML350G4 and two DL320G3. I started to use the HP System Management on them. The version if HP System Management Homepage is 2.0.2.106.

When I open the Home page on my ML350G4 I have many choice in the window with green check to confirm me the state of the server. And the menu contain : Home, Settings, Tasks and Logs. On the upper right corner I can see the server model: Proliant ML350G4.

When I open the same Home page on my 2 other servers with DL320G3 I don't have the same information... but I use the same version of HSM... and, if I compare, I also have same HP packages installed on every servers. On the upper right corner I can see "System Model: Unknown"... ????

I have in the menu: Home, Settings and Logs only. In the maine window of the Home page I don't have the server state... I only have: "Overall System Status, no failed/degraded items" message. No more options.

From the ML350G4, I can follow the temperature of my server from Tasks tab, but I cannot for my both DL320G3 because this option is not there and it's critical for me to know the temperature of these servers.

Please let me know, if it's abnormal to don't have this options or does I need to install/setup something to enable this info ?

Thanks

P.S. This thread has been moved from ITRC server mgmt (Insight Manager 7) to ITRC HP Systems Insight Manager Forum - HP Forums Moderator

3 REPLIES 3
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Re: HSM on DL320 G3 - No info and no tasks like on ML350 G4

I hadn't done an install manually for a while, so this happened to me recently...especially if this is Windows 2003, make sure SNMP is installed and configured. By default, WS03 doesn't populate a community string and also only responds to localhost.
Glenn Gagn├й
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

I had installed SNMP service and SNMP WMI also on my Windows 2003 Server. I reinstalled the Support Pack 7.30 again and the problem still there.

NOTE: The only difference between my ML350 and DL320 it was the methode of the installation:

ML350 installed via the Bootable HP Support Pack CD (and also installed HP sowftware like HSM).

DL320 installed from Microsoft Windows CD, due to SATA RAID doesn't supported by HP Support Pack. And I installed manually the MS SNMP service and Support Pack after.
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

What are the entries in the Security and Agent tabs in the SNMP service?