Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW: status Disabled with ILO 1.61

SteveTWard
Occasional Advisor

HW: status Disabled with ILO 1.61

Hi

I have recently built a new BL460c which has ILO rev 1.61 but when I discover it in HP SIM (5.1 SP1) It shows as HW status Disabled. As the server is boot from SAN if I replace it with a Blade with an older rev (1.50) it is discovered correctly. Enclosure FW=2.21.
Any ideas what needs to be updated HP SIM or the Enclosure FW
Regards
Steve
5 REPLIES
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: HW: status Disabled with ILO 1.61

What's the OS on the server and what version are the Agents?
I don't think upgrading the chassis FW will do much.
You might want to check on any of the settings in the ILO to make sure it can be accessed by HPSIM.
SteveTWard
Occasional Advisor

Re: HW: status Disabled with ILO 1.61

Rob
I had Agent version 8.10 installed, I have updated that to 8.15 but I still have the same issue
SteveTWard
Occasional Advisor

Re: HW: status Disabled with ILO 1.61

Regarding the ILO config, it is configured correctly (the same as a working blade), and the OS is W2K3 R2 X64.
The ILO is discovered in HPSIM and displays as it as in the correct enclosure bay number.
When I discover the server, the ilo entry gets updated to show the server name, but the server entry displays as a standalone server (no reference the enclosure name)
And the default entry created when the enclosure is discovered remains in place (this is normally replace by the discovered server entry)
All of the links for the server entry work as expected except for the Port mapping tab
I hope this provides a clue as to what's going on.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: HW: status Disabled with ILO 1.61

I know what I've had to do in the past is delete any rogue entries in HPSIM that are based on the serial number of the server and re-identify things.

I've also got an odd display issue where after a while the green MP tick disappears from the display for all of the servers with MPs in place. A move from and back to the server list page brings it back - so that's just a display issue.

I do have W2K3 x64 R2 Servers with PSP 8.15 and their ILOs displaying correctly, but we are on 5.2 SP2.

Not sure it would help here, but also check you've updated HPSIM with the latest MIB updates.
SteveTWard
Occasional Advisor

Re: HW: status Disabled with ILO 1.61

Rob
Thanks for the suggestion, I hadn't updated the MIBS for some time which I have now done, I also thought it might have been a issue with the default (serial number based entry) and deleted it, and I have trying rediscovering the entire enclosure, but I still have the same issue :o(