Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753826 Members
8965 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Hardware Status in HP SIM always showing minor warning

Hardware Status in HP SIM always showing minor warning

Hola! We are running HP SIM 5 SP2 and am having any issue with a particular box (DL380 G2) whose hardware status is constantly showing a minor warning. The IML is cleared, There are no apparent failed items, and I tried chaning the global protocol settings from ICMP to TCP as suggested in another thread. The agents running on the client are 7.4. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Willing to put in as much work as necessary with the community's expertise.
7 REPLIES 7
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

Re: Hardware Status in HP SIM always showing minor warning

Do a HARDWARE STATUS POLING,
Under OPTION>STATUS POLING>HARWARE STATUS POLING.

This should resolve you re problem.
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

You should do everything up to date, HP SIM 5 SP5, and proliante pack 7.51,this also not isue but some other error might not come in the futur.

Thanks for that. Should have included that in the original post a status poll doesn't help. Upgrading is a different effort with certification and change requests and what not. Any additional ideas would be appreciated. If this is known or you have experienced this issue and only an upgrade worked let me know also. Thanks!
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

I had the same probleme that resolve in the colume HS,that was resolve ,but i upgrade to the hp sim5 sp 5 from sp2, it seems to only resolve when i did the upgrade to sp5 and then did hadware status polling,then it was resolve.

that was the problem solution,up it help you
Chris V.
Advisor

Similar issue related to the ILO network port not connected (yet) and therefore presenting a faulty link error.

Haven't found fix yet to discard this "error"

Chris
Life is dangerous, no one survives
ramesh_naik_
Esteemed Contributor

So the answer was.....

Start > Settings > Control Panel > HP Management Agents

move the "Remote Insight Information entry (we don't use it and have removed many older cards) to inactive agents and poof minor error goes away.

Theory should apply to any agents for similar solution.

JB