Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752584 Members
4241 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Has anyone gotten the APC mibs to compile in SIM 7.1?

SOLVED
Go to solution
DBrune
Advisor

Has anyone gotten the APC mibs to compile in SIM 7.1?

I've been trying all morning to get the Powernet407 and NetBotz410 mibs to compile in SIM 7.1 without a whole lot of success.  Running config and compile has only succeeded against powernet.mib (which mysteriously appeared after I added the powernet407 mib).  The powernet407 mib keeps giving me errors around line 55,095 and the netbotz mib says that it has an invalid parent or sub id. 

Has anyone actually managed to get these APC MIBs up and running?  The only thing that I can find on the APC site is that HP hasn't updated their MIB compiler since 2003. 

11 REPLIES 11
shocko
Honored Contributor

3rd party MIBs have always been a problem with SIM. Can you post the MIB bundle and I'll see what I can do?

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
DBrune
Advisor

Thanks for taking a look!  I've attached both. 

shocko
Honored Contributor

I got the same error on the netbotz file. I notice the line that throws the error is:

• ::= { enterprises 5528 100 1 }

If you look at the first couple of lines of this MIB you can see it has dependancies on the following bundles:

• SNMPv2-SMI
    SNMPv2-TC

Have you compiled and imported these bundles yet?

DBrune
Advisor

Thanks, Shocko!  I have not imported those yet.  I will go search for them and see if that does the trick.

DBrune
Advisor

I went in and checked the MIB folder, and those two bundles are in there.  I was all excited for a moment there, only to have my hopes dashed.

KristofVD
Solution

try replacing

--#SEVERITY SEVERE

with

--#SEVERITY CRITICAL

Worked for me!

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/ITRC-HP-Systems-Insight-Manager/Error-on-MIB-import/td-p/5271704

shocko
Honored Contributor

"I went in and checked the MIB folder, and those two bundles are in there.  I was all excited for a moment there, only to have my hopes dashed."

And do they compile and import?

DBrune
Advisor

Outstanding!  A little help from my friend WordPad replacing severity "severe" with "critical" resulted in compilation AND successful registration.  Now to work on the NetBotz mib.  :)  Thanks so much for your help Shocko!

DBrune
Advisor

Well, looks like NetBotz is still giving me fits. 

It doesn't like something about the description lines (invalid parent label or sub id) , but if I comment them out it give me "expecting Description got xxx"

It's not importing anything spectacular, just snmpv2-tc and snmpv2-smi (which are in the mibs).