Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752777 Members
6230 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Health Status E-mail Alerts

Shaun Guthrie

Health Status E-mail Alerts

Is there a way to setup an E-mail to be sent when a health status changes? I've been able to setup an Event alert but not a health status alert. When a hard drive goes bad I want to know before checking the website.

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Depends on what the server is that you're monitoring. If this is an HP Server and you've installed the HP Agents then you need to ensure the SNMP Trap Send destination is set to point to the HPSIM Server.
The agents detect the error an send an snmp trap which generates the event on HPSIM.

HPSIM polling picks up when a server is not available, in this case its HPSIM itself that generates the alert.
Shaun Guthrie

It is a HP server yes. I've installed the agents and the HPSIM sees the server in it's console and has reported back to it a major health issue. In this case a hard drive. However the e-mails I have setup work for Major alerts but not health alerts. I want to be notified of failed hard drives and controller cards etc...

How can I achieve this?
Rancher
Honored Contributor

Change your e-mail settings to notify you of critical alerts and this should take care of it.