cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Health Status: Minor

PhilipV_1
Occasional Contributor

Health Status: Minor

I have a lot of these, and when I drill down to the Homepage, it says the status is fine with a nice big green check mark. I am unsure where SIM is getting these from. It's not in any event logs, the server itself looks absolutely fine.

If I hover my mouse over the yellow ! symbol, the bottom of the browser says "javascript:MyDrillDown('DrillDownType-HW-Status','75')

Some of the servers with this problem seem to have the 75, others have different numbers. Is the 75 the actual minor issue in question? If so, is there a list of all of them somewhere so I can at the very least reference them?
7 REPLIES
Michael Leu
Honored Contributor

Re: Health Status: Minor

The 75 is not a error number, it is the SIM-internal ID of the server.

Sadly I have never found out how SIM calculates the Health Status.
Does anybody know?

See also my thread here:
http://forums.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1361737
PhilipV_1
Occasional Contributor

Does anyone have any ideas on this? I still have around a dozen servers showing "Health Status: Minor" and about two hundred servers that are just fine. When I click on the status, there is NOTHING showing what the problem might be. If I go on the server and look at the homepage, or in the ilo logs, or anywhere, everything looks fine.

Someone help me out here.
ThomVis
Advisor

Same problem here, 2 servers reporting major, SMH says everything green.
And all that for just ones and zeros
Markus M.
Trusted Contributor

Hello,

in the past i also had some server which were indicated with a minor problem.

Some other posts here advised to go though every category on the SMH and check all indicators. Although the main category showed a green status, any point under it was marked with orange. Also clear or just "mark solved" all event logs.

This solved the issue for me, but i was lucky with just about 10 server showing a wrong status..

Perhaps you can try with one or two and tell us the result.

Kind regards
Markus
Michael Leu
Honored Contributor

On ProLiants with health status major you can try clearing the IML.

Or if you don't have iLO plugged in, see http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?&objectID=c01038585
PhilipV_1
Occasional Contributor

I've already tried clearing all the logs. I've cleared the event status from the past (Except discovery since it wont let you) and still shows minor.

I've gone through everything on some of these with everything looking a-OK. Yet, Health Status: Minor persists.

It's just annoying more than anything else.
ThomVis
Advisor

Clearing the logs didn't help me either, I've reset the iLO boards (small change in network settings) and SIM no longer has a problem with them. Found this because there was a message in de Windows system event log telling me "Remote Insight Agent: The Remote Insight Board/Integrated Lights-Out has detected a controller interface error."
And all that for just ones and zeros