1753532 Members
6142 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Health status shows critical out of band

cesarpegado
Valued Contributor

Health status shows critical out of band

I have a blade server which shoes a critical alert of the health status for out of band.

But i can't see how i can make HP SIM alert for errors like this, so we weren't aware of this until we logged on to SIM. 

So 2 questions.

1. How do i make SIM email me for issues like this

2. how do i fix the out of band error?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello,

You can only forward events to email. Status of objects are changed by polling, traps SNM<P or WBEM generate events and events and be forwarded as and email. Look in your enclosure to see if you see an error on the ILo and if it's responsive. Sometimes the ILo gets unresponsive if you have a combination of Gen8 and lower blades in one enclosure.

Also look alt the ILO and SMH for any other clues. If the problem with ILO remains you could reseat the blade. You can do a virtual pull for a blade but you will have to shutdoen the server for this.

Kind regards,

Andrew
cesarpegado
Valued Contributor

So i do get emails for alerts, but for some reason this one never sent us an email

this blade enclosure has BL460c G7 and BL680c G7's installed

SNMP is still working, as shown in the attached picture. So i'm wondering why i never recieved a mail to say this server has gone out of band. And how to fix it?

Do you have set up different alerts recieve mails for this?

screen.JPG

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello,

Did you configure snmp traps on the ilo to send events to sim? So not the os agent but the ilo?
Kind regards,

Andrew
cesarpegado
Valued Contributor

i've noticed that on the main screen, i also see the following

screen2.JPG

When you say about configuring the ILO to send alerts, i assume you mean in the web adminstration tab in the ILO?

if so i've set that page as follows, and on the screen shot above, the second line you can't see very is the servers ILO address

screen3.JPG

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Did you try to send a test rap from the ILO ? If that works the ILo probably does not send an alert in this case of errors. Can you still use the ILO just fine ?

Kind regards,

Andrew
cesarpegado
Valued Contributor

yes the ILO works fine, and i've sent a test trap from the ILO and it all works fine

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

So did you see an event that shows it received the test event and can you post a screenshot of the received event?

Kind regards,

Andrew