108807 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Help with SIM7.4 and MSA1000

SOLVED
Go to solution
Grimaldy Soto
Frequent Advisor

Help with SIM7.4 and MSA1000

We have several MSA 1000 which at certain point a time ago we lose the monitoring from HP SIM (C.07.01.00.00 ).

This problem exist in our production enviroment and in out lab, this issue looks like appear after the migration from 2003 to 2008 on the server that use this storage.

I just installed HP SIM 7.4 with the April Fix too see if has something to do with the HP SIM version, but I dind't have any luck.

I was under the assumption that something was missing, something like the HP Storageworks Fibre Channel Array Notification Driver for Windows Server, but this wasn't the case.

Right now I can see the port controllers but I can't see the LUNs

I appreciate any help that I can get as I have several of these boxes and we are in the process to change them

8 REPLIES 8
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hello,

If you look at the SMH do you see the luns? I believe the msa 1000 could be to old to be supported.

Msa's are not my expert field but hp should be able to answer this question.  You could also try to change your datasource in the SMH.

Kind regards,

Andrew
Grimaldy Soto
Frequent Advisor

NO, I'm not able to see any relevant information under SMH for neither node (2 nodes cluster).

Under Storage System Information the model its listed as unknown, same for the controllers.

Called HP and waiting for an answer. As you said this is a very old system, which we are looking for replacement right now, so HP appear to no know a lot about these systems as for the answers given to us.

Lets see what thy could find today.

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello,

You could try to install an old SNMP agent set to see if that supports the MSA. 7.90 agents perhaps.

Kind regards,

Andrew
Grimaldy Soto
Frequent Advisor

Does that come with  the HP Insight Managements Agents file?

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello again,

Yes you could try : http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=426678&swItemId=MTX_af947919eeef45499382780cc4&swEnvOid=1005

This example is for Windows 2003 on a Dl 380 G4

Kind regards,

Andrew
Grimaldy Soto
Frequent Advisor

Testing right now. Let you know the results later.

Grimaldy Soto
Frequent Advisor

@Andrew_Haakfirst a big thank you.

I can tell you that thanx to you, we have notifications from the MSA 1000 again.

The latest version to support this box is the HP Insight Management Agents for Windows Server 2003 2008 x64 Editions 9.0.0.0 27.Mar.2012.

Ariived there after test several version.

Anyways, big thank you

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello again,

I saw that you installeerde the 9.0.0 SNMP agents. Be sure
to check for 11020 events in SIM. If you get these events you should go one version earlier. The 9.0.0 agent had this problem.
Kind regards,

Andrew