Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with establishing trust in HP SIM

Dan_394
Advisor

Help with establishing trust in HP SIM

Hi

I'm trying to replicate agent settings but I'm running up against a brick wall. Basically when I try ot choose a source system I keep getting trust not created.

The managed server has the CMS's certificate setup, but I still can't setup a trust. Could someone please advise me what else I need to do?

Thanks in advance
Dan
4 REPLIES
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: Help with establishing trust in HP SIM

That's basically it.
A point to note, if the VCRM is on the same Server as HPSIM itself then an internal trust needs to be established. So you still need to do;

Set the Server to be Trust by certificate.
From the HPSIM Server use the Settings Tab from the SMH, Select Security->Trusted Management Server and Get the Certificate using the Add Certificate from Server.
If there's already a Certificate listed for that Server you could try deleting it and re-adding.

You may then need to run a SW Polling task.
Ole Thomsen_1
Trusted Contributor

For troubleshooting purposes you can start out with Trust by Name - register FQDN of HPSIM server on the clients.

Ole Thomsen
Dan_394
Advisor

Hi All

Thanks for your replies. However, I found the problem. The ciertificate installation was fine without any problem, the problem lay in the fact that the servers could not resolve the hostname of the HP SIM server. After adding a host entry into the managed server the trust was immediately established.

Hope this helps other people

Regards
Dan
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

DNS is used for all name resolution in HPSIM. Rather than play around with Host files it's worth the effort of getting DNS all up to date and accurate.