Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heres the advice on setting up groups/VCA config (and password fix!) from hp high level support

Dana Swanson
Regular Advisor

Heres the advice on setting up groups/VCA config (and password fix!) from hp high level support

Hello everyone,

I was able to speak to a hp System Architect that has excellent working knowledge with HP SIM at customer sites.

I explained the CMS security group issues I was having with HP SIM 5.1 w/ SP1. We are running HPSIM and SQL on 2 VMware guest servers.

This is what she recommended:

Before installing the product create a VCA AD domain user with no special rights. I added this VCA user account to the HP SIM Server's OS Local Administrator Group.

She said to login once to the hpsim server with this VCA user so the user's profile, etc would be setup on the server or problems may occur.

When installing HPSIM 5.1 w/ SP1 you are prompted with the HP System Management Homepage 2.1.7 Setup. She said the only purpose when using certificate trusts and a vm for this section is so the VCA account can authenticate. She said to add the VCA user account to one of the groups. I added it to the Administrator group and left the rest blank.

After hpsim was setup and configured I could create hpsim security groups pointing to AD domain global groups and the authentication worked great.

On a few managed test servers after configuring the VCA and then going back to configure the VCA again the password I typed for the VCA user is staying instead of having to type it again.

This also solved my concern about having to use a VCA account with admin rights to all of the managed servers.

I hope this helps.

See ya,

Dana