New Discussion юеВ

Re: Host name mismatch error message during logon

SOLVED
Go to solution
Arnt-Erik Bohinen
Occasional Contributor

Host name mismatch error message during logon

Hi!
When I logon ( remote or locally) to HP SIM, I always get an eror message "Hostname mismatch". This is not an operational fault, but it is bit irritating. Has anyone experienced the same problem and is there a solutionto this?
6 REPLIES 6
Ivan KOVAC
Respected Contributor
Solution

Hello

If the name in the certificate does not match the name in the browser, you may get this warning. This can be resolved by browsing using the system├в s name as it appears in the certificate.

i
Richard Ward_6
Frequent Advisor

If your server name is say apollo and your domain is mit (or mit.org) then the hostname would be either apollo.mit or apollo.mit.org. So your url to start SIM would be:
http://apollo.mit.org:280/
This will match the hostname and you will not get that error message.

Richard Ward
Arnt-Erik Bohinen
Occasional Contributor

Thank you all! Is it by any chance possible to change the hostname in the certificate for a more convinient name?
Mike Kanakos_1
Advisor

I am trying to use the method listed above. However, I cannot connect to Insight manager by full dns name, only short name

(i.e. Apollo, not apollo.mit.org).

When I try http://full.dns.name:280 . I get "502 Bad gateway address".

Anybody have any ideas what I have misconfigured?
Pedro Azevedo
Occasional Advisor

Why don't you try acessing the same url, but by port 50000? Thats the correct port, not 280, isn't it?
nandha_aru

Hi,

I am also facing the same problem can any one please help me to reslove this issue.

note : i have tried to do the above mentioned solution but i am not able to do. please tell me indetails or steps...