Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1748156 Members
4282 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

How do I add an HP MSA1500 CS Storage monitoring into HP Systems Insight Manager 7.2?

MrMDS

How do I add an HP MSA1500 CS Storage monitoring into HP Systems Insight Manager 7.2?

I am facing problem while configuring HP MSA1500 CS Storage monitoring with HP Systems Insight Manager 7.2.

Kindly help me with complete steps to configure the storage into my HP SIM 7.2 to accomplish this task.

Regards,
MDS

P.S. This thread has been moved from Storage > General to ITRC HP Systems Insight Manager Forum.
-HP Forum Moderator

1 REPLY 1
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: How do I add an HP MSA1500 CS Storage monitoring into HP Systems Insight Manager 7.2?

I assume since this array is managed via the servers ACU and monitored via storage agents, you need to discover a connected server with apropriate agents installed.

From chapter "Configuring a Host-based MSA" of IRSA Guide:

A host-based MSA is connected to a host server and managed thr ough a Smart Array Contr oller . Before
you can monitor a host-based MSA, you must:
• Verify the MSA is supported by checking the A.05.7 0 Insight Remote Support Advanced Release Notes.
• Verify that the host system is configured as a managed system as directed in its corresponding chapter
of this document .
If the MSA has been configured correctly according to manufacturer's instructions, it should be able to
communicate with the host . If the host has been properly configured as a managed system as directed in
this document , then the host/managed system will be able to communicate the MSA event information to
the CMS for remote support .

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!