Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I collect events from the integrated log?

Russ Elliott
Occasional Visitor

How do I collect events from the integrated log?

Hello, I would lke to collect events from the integrated logs of my machines, (specifically about any fan problems) do I need to create a task and a custom command? Sorry I'm new to Hp Insight

Thanks in advance

regards, Russ
2 REPLIES
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: How do I collect events from the integrated log?

It's not normally done that way.
The HP Agents keep an eye on the hardware, if there is a fault then they would send an SNMP Trap to HPSIM. For this the SNMP Trap destination needs to be set and pointing to the HPSIM Server.
I believe it is also the agents that would update the IML.
You can test the SNMP to HPSIM is working by using the Trap send button from the HP Management Agents GUI (from Control panel).

On HPSIM you just configure a task to e-mail or whatever based on the alert. You could start by just having a couple of generic tasks to pick up Major and Critical alerts.
Russ Elliott
Occasional Visitor

Re: How do I collect events from the integrated log?

Thanks Rob, I have started to point the SNMP traps to my new SIM box. I would have liked to have gathered all events from a particular hardware source from the integrated logs of all my boxes as I can hear a fan about to go wrong but it hasn't pinged yet, so i thought, I know I'll check all the logs for warnings, but maybe that's not possible. Cheers