Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I exclude a server IP from SIM, so it won't log in?

Brian Hahne
Regular Advisor

How do I exclude a server IP from SIM, so it won't log in?

I have a system that is a Linux appliance that does our SQL database monitoring. It's locked down very tight, so really only 1 person in the company can log in.
It's a Dell box rebranded as their own.

What I want to do is monitor so I know if the server reboots, etc... so I want to keep the server "monitored"...

But twice a day I get a message from the box that our server INSIGHTM has attempted to log in with xxx\xxxx domain credentials and failed.

How do I exclude the server from getting that login attempt, but keep it being monitored for reboots, snmp failures, etc.
thanks
1 REPLY
sam_193
Frequent Advisor

Re: How do I exclude a server IP from SIM, so it won't log in?

hey- did you provide credential when you discovered this node? was it entered in global credential? if so then remove the node from the discovery task. delete the node. then create a discovery task just for that node but don't add any credentials... ifd you have global credentials declared that can be a problem too....better for you to put credentials in their disovery tasks so you can prevent login attempts for servers like the one you describe... keep in mind , you are going to sacrifice that requires login after discovery. You might still see snmp alerts and reboots... try it and post the result. Good luck!