Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752587 Members
5041 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: How i can send SNMP traps from HP SIM to HP OMU ( OMU is running on Solaris 10)

TanayDey
Occasional Visitor

How i can send SNMP traps from HP SIM to HP OMU ( OMU is running on Solaris 10)

Hi,

I am trying to integrate HP SIM with HP OMU ( OMU is running on Solaris 10). HP Insight Integration can be installed in

only windows/hp-ux/linux OS. They don't have anything for the solaris OS. Is there anyone know how can I integrate HP SIM and HP OMU, so that all the traps can be forwarded from the SIM to OMU.

Cheers,
 Tanay.

3 REPLIES 3
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Re: How i can send SNMP traps from HP SIM to HP OMU ( OMU is running on Solaris 10)

Hello there,

you can configure SIM to write your event collection to the windows eventviewer. This way you can select wich events you want to forward to ghe eventlog. Then you can configure you OML agent on the SIM server to collect the events from the event viewer. If you need more detailed info let me know neec 

Kind regards,

Andrew
TanayDey
Occasional Visitor

Hi Andrew,
Thank you for your quick reply.

I found the following way from another post:
HP SIM using AEH Task, please do the following.

From Option -> Events -> Automatic Event Handling -> New Task

1) Create a New Task
2) Select The systems and the events that needs to be forwaarded as trap
3) Select the option forward as trap, and the IP of the system, It will be forwarded to 162 port.
4) Complete the task task giving no Time Filter.

But I haven't used this procedure before.
Any clue?

Cheers,
Tanay.
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello again,

i almost use the same setup but i don't trap to the OMU server but let the agent read the events from the event viewer. The template you need to deploy to your SIM  server is a windows eventviewer template. This way i can troubleshoot errors if an event was missed. The agent will buffer in case of network errors and SNMP traps would be lost.

what info do you need to config your setup? The info you gave should work...

Kind regards,

Andrew