New Discussion

Re: How to Reset System Management Homepage Password

SOLVED
Go to solution
Chris Bedford
Regular Advisor

Good on yer!

There I go, jumping to conclusions again.
Martyn!

Rich, your a gent - thanks ;o) This has niggled me for a day or two (but not enough to search it before now).
Wasn't till I had to get model no.s from a remote site that I googled it. Cheers.
Doug_77
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for info everyone. New install and did not try domain\user. Thanks again.
battarphani
Frequent Visitor

hi,

in order to reset system management homepage password, will uninstallation of smh and rebooting of server and reinstallation of smh will work.

happy learning
semihsoykal

Hi  there..

pls did u use the local admin password

best greadt

semih soykal

ramtyagi

how reset our server in install HP System Management Homepage user name & password : 

Regards

Ram

Allen Crist
Advisor

WOW! Thanks. I have worked for months to figure this out!!

Even HP support had no clue!

Just a note for anyone else having problems, since Microsoft is pushing toward domain names with a "." in them, such as domain.local, when logging in, leave off the ".local" and just put the part prior to the dot.

domain\username as pointed out above. The .local in our domain threw me off.

Kudos to Rich and all else who contributed.

addifreak

Hi all,

as a noob, I finally got it to a server with HP System Management Homepage 7.1.2.3 and Windows Server 2008 R2.

It's a domain controller.

I just want to state it clear for the other noobs as I was lucky and when whole domain\admin didn't work, I just looked at the user account controls in system control what could be my login name as my noobness drove me a bit lazy.

So, if your admin account is still "Administrator" and your domain is corp.contoso.com (I had to read all the MS stuff and it haunts me in my dreams) and your server's name is "server", so your fully qualified domain name would be server.corp.contoso.com.

Your login name would just be "CORP\Administrator".

Your System Management Homepage uses local administrator authentication. So, just look at your user control panel in system control and maybe you're done.

What about the blind man and the colour?!? Okay, in Germany, we're more rude and say literally that a blind chicken might also pick a corn sometimes.

Greetings to you all.

AmstellandICT
Occasional Visitor

"So, just look at your user control panel in system control and maybe you're done"

Brilliant tip 'cause this is exactly the case... It even looks like the logonname is CASE sensitive. Thanks!

Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

I am quite sure that usernames are not case sensitive for the SMH under Windows...

SMH is using since a long time the OS credentials to validate. If this server is a DC indeed the domain must be added before the user account...

If it is not a domain controller, than the local administrator account can be used... Also any account in the local admins group can be used as well...

Kr,

Bart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !