7335 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How to change db used by HP SIM 5 SP5 during installation

(VJ)
Advisor

How to change db used by HP SIM 5 SP5 during installation

Hi there

I'm trying to install HP SIM 5 SP5 on Server 2003 with SP1 running SQL 2005 with SP1 and during installation process, at the "Database Configuration" window I want to change the database to be used from "master" to newly created "HP_SIM_DB" or "HPSIMDB" for a number of reasons. However regardless what permissions I give to HP SIM Services Account (and it does have Administrative rights on the local server and SQL is configured to use SQL & Windows authenticationn) I get "Insufficient rights to database" error message!

On the DB level I ended up assigning ownership of following schemas and DB role membership:
-db_accessadmin
-db_backupoperator
-db_datareader
-db_datawriter
-db_owner
-db_securityadmin

Any help would be much appreciated, I just want to install the thing and get it over and done with! :)

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
3 REPLIES 3
Ole Thomsen_1
Trusted Contributor

Re: How to change db used by HP SIM 5 SP5 during installation

(VJ)
Advisor

Hi Mate

Have tried everything that was suggested in that particular thread but nothing worked. Still keep on getting the same error message.

I have also tried assigning rights to the ServicesHPSIM account directly, not through group memberships, but still no luck!

Cheers
Vjeko
Dave Carrion
Occasional Advisor

We had the same issue with a DL385 G1. The issue was resolved by disabling DEP.

You can disable DEP completely or create an exception using the directions in the following MS article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875352/en-us