Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the startup CMS URL

SOLVED
Go to solution
stefano colombo_1
Super Advisor

How to change the startup CMS URL

After finishing the SIM installation an ICON is placed on the desktop to start the SIM.
This ICON starts browser pointing to localhost instead of the server's name .
I tried to look at it but it starts a checksvc exe , so I couldn't find how to force it to open the browser with the url correctly pointing to the CMS name .

This is annoying because the autogenerated certificate is named after the server's name ( not localhost ) which prompt the IE dialog box for certificate checking

Thanks
3 REPLIES
fred Passeron
Honored Contributor

Re: How to change the startup CMS URL

hi

You can simply create a new internet link browsing to:
http:your server's nameFQDN:280.

It will no longer ckeck the status of the HP SIM server service though.

Besides, you usually work remotely using a browser...

hope it helps

fred

“Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.” Isaac Asimov
fred Passeron
Honored Contributor

Hi

The other solution is a bit more complicated. You don't need to change the checksvc.exe file, you 'd rather import the correct certificate.
You need to import a correct ssl certificate to avoid the warning when launching HPSIM. You need to generate the certificate the with its proper attributes. Besides you need to generate a certificate request that HP SIM would accept. In order to do so, the certificate has to be signed with the private key of HP SIM.

regards

hope it helps

fred

ps:more details to come.

“Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.” Isaac Asimov
fred Passeron
Honored Contributor
Solution

HI
here is a small how to :

First,extract the private key from the Tomcat keystore with that little utility: http://mark.foster.cc/pub/java/ExportPriv.java

Then,create a certificate request with OpenSSL using this command â openssl req â new â key hpsimkey.pem â out hpsimcertreq.pemâ where hpsimkey.pem is the private key file from step 1. The key to that step was to add the subjectAltName extension by adding these bits to my openssl.cnf:

[ req ]
req_extensions = v3_req # The extensions to add to a certificate request

[ v3_req ]
subjectAltName = DNS:servername.example.com
,DNS:servername, DNS:localhost

One thing worth noting is that I used the FQDN (servername.example.com) for both the CommonName and one of the subjectAltName because some browsers do not consider CommonName when they find a subjectAltName in the certificate.

I then had the request processed by HPâ s internal CA .I loaded the resulting certificate into HPSIM through â Options->Security->Certificates->Server Certificateâ after loading HPâ s CA certificate in â Trusted Certificateâ . I restarted Tomcat and I was in business.

You need to do with with your own CA in your case.
here is an interesting page on the subject, in particular the interoperability test matrix that appeared to match my own testing: http://wiki.cacert.org/wiki/VhostTaskForce

Hope this helps

fred