Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752660 Members
6172 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to disable events during nightly reboots?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Rainer Mittenzwey_2
Regular Advisor

How to disable events during nightly reboots?

Hi,
does anyone know how i can disable during fixed times the event notifications?

Regards
rainer
3 REPLIES 3
tmagee
Valued Contributor

On the 'automatic event handling - manage tasks' page (get to this page by using the Options pulldown, events, automatic event handling, manage tasks), select the Help pulldown then 'Help for this page'.

Scrolling down the help page has this section: -

Select the Use time filter checkbox if you want to use time filters, and select an option from the dropdown list.

Click [Manage Filters] if you want to set user-defined filters. See Managing with tasks - Applying a time filter for more information.

Select the View time filter checkbox. A time filter window appears, showing the times selected.

If the Use time filter checkbox is not selected, actions are triggered whenever the events matching the selected criteria are received.

If the Use time filter checkbox is selected, actions are triggered only when they occur during the days and times specified by the selected time filter.

When you have entered the information, click [Next] to continue with the next step. The Review summary page appears. The Task name, the events, system criteria, and Action(s) information are displayed. If a paging or e-mail option was selected, the modem and e-mail settings are displayed, along with buttons to change the settings.

I've not used it myself but the steps above seem like the way to go.
Rainer Mittenzwey_2
Regular Advisor

Hi,
thanks for the answer.
This seems to work for all servers then.
I hoped there might be a possibility to do it for a singel machines.

rainer

tmagee
Valued Contributor
Solution

If the single machines can be identified by system group name (e.g. they begin with the same letters) these could be removed from the main task you currently have. Then create a new task for the single machines and add the time filter to that task?

Or remove their ip from you current main task and use these particular single machine ips in a new time filtered task?