New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to extract a list of all systems

SOLVED
Go to solution
Yacob_hard
Occasional Collector

How to extract a list of all systems

Hi all,

Apologies for the newbie question, I've been tasked with trying to migrate as much hardware as possible onto the newer OneView system.

I can see a list of all servers within the SIM system, however i'd like to extract this out into excel format to be able to sort through items that are suitable for migrating.

What's the best way of going about this?

I'm using a combination of HP SIM 7.3.0 & 7.6.0.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello there,

Are your systems (servers)of type Gen8 or higher ? When only export de ILO's.

If you have enclosures export the Onboard administrators. If you like you can select management processors, this will select both. If you have older systems like G7 and older then you need to create a collection for all servers that are not of Type Gen, this will show all older systems than Gen8. Do you know how to create collections ?

Kind regards,

Andrew
Yacob_hard
Occasional Collector

Hi @Andrew_Haak,

Thanks for the response.

Our systems aren't all of Gen8 or higher, this is a fairly old system and I can see we have G1's, G6's, G7'S, iLO & the odd Gen8 & Gen 9s.

We do have a few enclosures set up, but i don't beleive that all of our systems have been added to enclosures.

I can create a collection for systems older than Gen8 if that is of benefit.

Thanks,

Jake

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor
Solution

hi again,

You can create collections for the Management processors, this collection can then be used to create a report for export to a csv. This csv can then be used to upload information to Oneview. Be aware the Oneview only realy works with the Gen8 and above servers that have ILO4 or higher.

Kind regards,

Andrew