4470 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to filter alarms

Gustavo Moros
Occasional Contributor

How to filter alarms

Hi All !!!
We use SIM 5.0 and appmanager, SIM send smnp traps to appmanager, and appmanager send the alarm to us (very ruff description :-) ) my problem is that we want to stop the alarms that are coming from the raid controller(Smart Array 6i Controller on System Board Accelerator
Battery Status: Failed) we want actually to stop monitoring the battery status on the raid controller (on all servers). Just wonder if some one knows where I SIM can I filter out this alarm or stop monitoring the battery status.

Thanks for help !!!!!
2 REPLIES 2
AJ Paisley
Occasional Advisor

Look at the EVENT and see what MIB and catagory are being used. Then go to tools--->Events--->SNMP Trap settings (or something like that).

Find the MIB in the list and then the trap. Where it says sevarity pull down the box and select something other than critical.
AJ Paisley
Occasional Advisor

Look at the EVENT and see what MIB and catagory are being used. Then go to tools--->Events--->SNMP Trap settings (or something like that).

Find the MIB in the list and then the trap. Where it says sevarity pull down the box and select something other than critical.

You can also go into the event handeler and delete the referrence the even causing the issue.