1752773 Members
4992 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How to find Product ID number for HP servers /Desktops

Subramanyam Nemani

How to find Product ID number for HP servers /Desktops

Hi,

We have several number of desktops and servers in this organisation. we want to find out the documentation, and warranty of the systems with the help of serial numbers. all the HP warranty sites not moving further without product ID numbers, which are not available with us as they fixed in high end racks and in running status.
please help by providing easy access of any"

1. web link / site address to find out product ID with the help of serial numbers.

or

2. web link / site to find out without product ID the warranty of the sytems.

any how here sending 4 server serial numbers which are required to be de-bond.. immmediately.. pleae provide the warranty details of it.

Model: ProLiant DL380 G3

Serila nUmbers :H9GTLJC131
H99BLJC131
H9GSLJC131
H9GRLJC131

6 REPLIES 6
smatador
Honored Contributor

Re: How to find Product ID number for HP servers /Desktops

Hi,
I never use it but there is a website which could give maybe the warranty. You could try for desktop perhaps
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/WarrantyLookup.jsp?prodSeriesId=1809835&prodTypeId=12169

Hope it helps
smatador
Honored Contributor

Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

If they're G3's then I doubt they're still covered under warranty. Servers come with 3 years warranty.

If you extended the warranty then the p/n should be on the contract.
Subramanyam Nemani

Hi,

Thank you very much..for immediate respond.

as i was keen to point of getting a web link where i can get warranty details by providing serial number only (without product number).

It is not fulfilled my none of the requistions. pelase provide or guide me to rid of form this juncture.

or atleast provide directly warranty dates of thsoe serial numbers.

Thank you.
PDL

Hi, I am actually trying to find the warrenty information just as you are doing. Learnt it from a friend that you can login to the server, and open http://127.0.0.1:2381 . That will take you to a login page for your server. Once you login, you can find the link to "system infomation", and there will have the serial number and product id. (it worked on the proliant that have windows installed). With those 2 info, you can use the warrenty site to find your warrenty information (http://www11.itrc.hp.com/service/ewarranty/warrantyInput.do)

But, now, I am trying to find out the product id of the HP MSL4048 tape library's product number myself, as that doesn't have any OS installed, i don't know how to hunt that out either... Don't know why HP makes this complicated, I know DELL only needs to input the SN and then it will show you all hardware config and purchase date...
wsaczawa

Exactly - downloading anything from HPE even if it's for free, like drivers, firmware or free software is REALLY complicated. 

WHY HPE?!