Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get HP SMH working ?

dnief
Occasional Visitor

How to get HP SMH working ?

Hello

Just bought 3 x DL160 servers.

I'm trying to get SMH to have all hardware items listed but it seems i'm missing something.

SNMP Service config is ok but it lacks this dependencies :

- HP Insight Foundation Agents
- HP Insight NIC Agents
- HP Insight Server Agents
- HP Insight Storage Agents

I know this is the real problem because i successfully configured another server few weeks ago and it has those dependencies in SNMP service.

How do i get HP Insight Management Agent ? Everytime i'm trying to find it i end up with nothing...

Thanks, DN

2 REPLIES
n0kia
Valued Contributor

Re: How to get HP SMH working ?

dnief
Occasional Visitor

Re: How to get HP SMH working ?

Thanks, but actually i am coming from here.

Tutorial is fine but doesn't clearly mention what to have installed on the server except SMH and SNMP.

I went through by downloading Service Pack for ProLiant.

Automatic deployement of agents did not work from some reasons but i found a workaround by installing those packages (for WS2012R2 64) in \hp\swpackages :

cp027391
cp027592

It did the trick.

This said, i must confess that i found very unclear the documentation about this (+ all previous links about past documentations are now obsolete since the new website).

Thanks.