6447 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to manage 3000XR with 6 multiports on Windows and Netware OS

Raymon_1
Frequent Advisor

How to manage 3000XR with 6 multiports on Windows and Netware OS

Hi,

Whe are currently busy to placeout Compaq 3000XR UPSes for our Proliants ML/DL Series. In the past i used Compaq Power Management Agents. Should is still use this software?. Or is HP Rack and Power Manager a better solution ?

The upses are Compaq 3000 with 3 ports card of Compaq 3000XR with 6 ports card. All server connected using serial interface

4 REPLIES 4
ramesh_naik_
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Raymon,

HP Rack and Power Manager delivers the latest rack and power manageability software for HP branded UPS and Environmental Monitoring products for single, multiple and redundant UPS environments. This enterprise-grade software enables users to monitor, manage, and control both power and rack environments through comprehensive control of HP Uninterruptible Power Systems (UPSs) and the HP rack environmental monitor, the Console Management Controller (CMC). Rack and Power Manager software provides comprehensive device control in data center environments where multiple users need to access and manage many devices both locally and remotely.

The older non XR Compaq UPS models are shipped with the Compaq Power Management Software CD that includes the other UPS software applications.

This is a R3000 XR you are planning to buy. So the Compaq Power Management Software CD will not be shipped for XR UPSes. You would have to download it manually from the website.

HP Rack and Power Manager 1.x would be an ideal bet!!!!!

Hope this answers!!!!!!

Regards,
rmn
Raymon_1
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

I have installed HP Rack and Power Manager but i`m having some issues.

When adding a device using the discovery function. I found 2 UPSes and 2 Agents. But both agents are connected by a serial link to the same UPS which is found twice.

How do a achieve connecting 3 servers to 1 ups with 3 load groups. As it was possible before using Compaq Power management agent

So is my network fails all server get the message of a powerfail true a there serial interface
Steve Tran
Trusted Contributor

Raymon,

HP Rack and Power Manager does not support the 6-port card. Your 6-port configuration would work best and more efficient with HP Power Manager 4.x (downloadable from www.hp.com/products/ups). You may want to refer to this thread for setup instruction http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1046277
Steve Tran
Trusted Contributor

Raymon,

HP Rack and Power Manager does not support the 6-port card. Your 6-port configuration would work best and more efficient with HP Power Manager 4.x (downloadable from www.hp.com/products/ups). You will need to uninstall the previous agents from the server and install HPPM Management Server component on each of those machine. You may want to refer to this thread for setup instruction http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1046277