1753774 Members
6426 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to manually add a workstation to HP SIM

Orlando Amador
Occasional Advisor

How to manually add a workstation to HP SIM

Me add workstations and servers manually to our HP SIM 5.2 SP2 server. This is done using manual discovery.

I having a problem with one workstation. The workstation is added manually, but is does not display in the system list of the web interface.

I went to the SIM server and from the command prompt I can see the system list using mxnode. I remove the workstation and add it back using mxmode, but it still does not show in the system list in the web page.

Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3
fred Passeron
HPE Pro

Hi

Are you checking the all system list or another filtered collection like all servers ?

The workstation should at least appear in the all system list. Check its IP address and see if you can find it , it may ne that the workstation is not properly identify thus appearing as unknown...

Hope it helps

fred
тАЬLife is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.тАЭ Isaac Asimov
Orlando Amador
Occasional Advisor

The workstation does not show on any list. The only place it show is when using mxnode from the command line.
Orlando Amador
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the response, I just added the workstation again, and now it show in the all system list. :-S
Thanks again.