Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to register HP SIM to get the serial number ?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Server-Support
Super Advisor

How to register HP SIM to get the serial number ?

Hi,

I've just installed HP SIM v7.4 on a new server, but somehow it is asking for a serial number ?

Where an how to generate it from the web because the register button shows invalid page as below:

Error.jpg

Thanks.

4 REPLIES
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Re: How to register HP SIM to get the serial number ?

The URL you post is a webcare page. the SIM page should be somthing like https://simserver.fqdn:50000

Kind regards,

Andrew
MikeeB
Occasional Visitor

I get the same thing.  Not looking for the SIM console (port 50000)...it appears this is supposed to be a link that takes you to HP for a S/N so you can register your copy of SIM.

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor
Solution

I found this old link. It still works and i believe you can use the 5.x version licence for any higher sim version. https://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=HPSIM-LIC

You do need to have a Hp passport, but since you all reply on this forum that should not be a problem.
Kind regards,

Andrew
Server-Support
Super Advisor

Yes it works. Thanks Andrew !