Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1748045 Members
5040 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to remove old HP SIM record from SIM database

J. Schilling

How to remove old HP SIM record from SIM database

I migrated my HP SIM from old hardware to new hardware. I'm running SIM 5.1 and using SQL server 2000 Sp4 (all on the same server). I migrated by performing a Windows backup of the system drive and restoring it to the new server. I then stopped all services and copied all files from the data drive of the old server to the new server. SIM functions great on the new hardware, however I now have an Orphan record in the database which is the record for the old hardware that is no longer being used. There is also a record for the new hardware that SIM recognizes as a SIM system record. Is there a way to remove the Orphan record from the database? I can't remove it through the GUI or using mxnode -r -x [force] as the system thinks this is the HP SIM record.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, John
3 REPLIES 3
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello John,

If you can Backup your NEW Database, then use the command :

mxconfigrepo -a

This reset "everything" in SIM including Database. Once this is done, restore the SQL database back over & that should bring the data back into place in regards to licensing, etc.
However, you may find difficulties with Plugins; Let us know how it goes;

{if not, please wait for others to respond, who might have tried this}

Regards,
James.
J. Schilling

James,

Thanks for the response. One question in regards to your suggestion. Won't the orphan record that I want to get rid of be restored along with everything else when I restore the database?

Thanks, John
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello John,

I would think so; I thought you have (one)OLD database (&one) New Database !

Eeeks !!