5040 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: How to start upgrade from 6.3 to 7.3

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello again,

do you use SNMP or WBEM for your servers? If the servers worked with SNMP with the old setup and this is the same server/ip adress the SNMP discovery should have worked. If i look at the log you don't have a valid SNMP co munity and or the ip adress of your SIM ser er is not allowed to connect to the servers. 

If you want to use WBEM you need to set this up. For both options you can use the repair option available in SIM. The one thing that you do need in this case is credentials for the remote servers to set the SNMP or WBEM.

If you want to know how to run a repair let me know.

Kind regards,

Andrew
Lohi
Frequent Visitor

Hi Andrew,

yes, please share the steps to perform the repair operation on client servers. And also want to know that after migrating the tool from 2003 server to 2012 server can we dicommission the old server(2003 server) or do we keep that server till the migrated server work without any issues.

And also help us to create the "Trust Relationship" with the clients.

P.S. : Currently we are not using 2003 server and working on 2012 server to make it stable.

Thank You

Lohi

Lohi
Frequent Visitor

Hello Andrew,

I have run the Export command using the administrative command line and I used the administrator account to export from previous version and the same account is used to import in newer version.  

Is anything issues in the extracting the previous version? If not could you please give me the commands or steps to repair the clients?

Thank You

Lohi

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

As you still have your old SIM use that setup to replicate the new SIM certificate to the other Windows servers. So first use one template server and add the certificate from the new server by logging in to that servers SMH, go to settings > Security > Trusted Management Servers. Select the Get Certificate Information, type your new SIm server IP or name and add the certificate. Now you should have two certificates. With this server you can fix your other servers trust with the new SIM server.

Now select all your Windows servers exept the one we just fixed. Then go to Configure Replicate Agent Settings. At the first screen select your source server, this would be the server we just fixed. The server shows more options, the first would be Hp System Management Homepage. Click on the plus, go to Settings > Trusted Certificate Properties and select both certificates. If you also have a VCRM you can switch your repository at a later stage when you've copied your SPP's from the old SIm server to the new setup. You can now push the Run Now button. If this does not work you probably did not have a trust on the old SIM server to begin with. Once you've completed the replication you now have a trust with the new SIM server. Once this is functioning logiin to your new server run a Identify for your servers an d start with selecting your Windows servers and select Configure > Configure or Repair Agents to repair/set your SNMP and or WBEM settings.

This little manual can also be used for Unix servers. ESX server from 5.1 no longer use trusts so the whole trust thing is not needed on ESX 5.1 and above.  

Kind regards,

Andrew