Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transfer the HSIM database from one server to another server

aguang
Occasional Advisor

How to transfer the HSIM database from one server to another server

Hi, All,

We need to transfer the database of our HP SIM from one server to another server but we have problem. We did below:
A: Backup the database in the old server via the enterprise manager
B: Install the New server with the same OS (Win2K), SIM, Database.....
C: We try to login the new SIM without any problem. So far so good.
D: We stop the SIM service/DMI service in the new server and then restore the Database from the backup made in the old server. Everything goes fine.
E: Now we restart the new SIM Server and try to login again to the New SIM in IE, it fails.
The event log shows that the login ID is not correct. But we use the same domain account as the old server to install everything.

Anyone has any idea?
Thanks for your help!
Best Regards
Aguang
2 REPLIES
OlivierV
Trusted Contributor

Re: How to transfer the HSIM database from one server to another server

We had the same issue while testing a SQL replication between two IM7 SP2.2 servers. The database contains informations about the server name where the user resides. And this name is in the database of the new server and doesn't match the real server name of course.I tried to rename the server name in the database fields using SQL tools but it didn't work. May be there is other informations about the user like SID for example but I didn't find it.
shocko
Honored Contributor

Re: How to transfer the HSIM database from one server to another server

I think theres even more to it than that. You need to restore a lot of config files also and certs.
If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)