108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: How to uninstall driver?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Bengt Sjoberg
Frequent Advisor

How to uninstall driver?

I have changed SAN from MSA1000 to EVA4000. After this (and an upgrade of PSP to 7.91) my VCA for the servers that previously were connected to the MSA now shows one driver, the HP StorageWorks Fibre Channel Array Notification Driver for Windows Server 2003 6.0.0.32 as out of date. The new version is 6.2.0.32 but it will not install as the driver is not needed anymore (says the installer). How do I get rid of this yellow icon? I have tried to delete the discovery directory under vca (which helped in another case) but it did not help this time.
I would be grateful for any hints!
7 REPLIES 7
weik
Frequent Advisor

Hello Bengt
I haven't see a uninstal (until today) for compaq- or hp-driver.
The driver "cpqfcac.sys" will loaded at startup (in CurrentControlSet, Services, CPQFCAC) and i haven't see this "device" in the Device Manager.

How is it, when you run "cp008234.exe" localy on the Server, then it will also not install ?

kurt
Bengt Sjoberg
Frequent Advisor

Hello Kurt!
When the install through VCA did not work i tried a manual extract and install on the server. It was then it said the driver is installed but not needed so no update will take place.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Not at a server at the moment, but check if it's listed in the add/remove programs.
The other way is under Device Manager, you can get it to list unused devices, you may be able to uninstall the driver there.
weik
Frequent Advisor

Hi Bengt and Rob
I take a longer look at my server. The driver is under "StorageWorks Fibre Channel Array Controller" ==> look in attached "device.pdf".

In "Add Remove Software" i havent found the Driver.

How to try to deinstall the driver direct as Bob write?

bye,
kurt
Bengt Sjoberg
Frequent Advisor

I tried deinstalling the driver using Device Manager. It did not help. Still shows up as not up to date...
Neal Bowman
Respected Contributor
Solution

Bengt,

I have seen this before with some NIC drivers I had pre-staged in my Windows i386 folder. I was able to manually delete them from the folder, as they were not in use by my particular model of server. Browse to %systemroot%\system32\drivers folder, then search for cpqfcac.sys. Check the version properties, and if it matches the 6.0.0.32, delete it then restart the VCA to see if it has disappeared from the list.

Hope this helps,
Neal
Bengt Sjoberg
Frequent Advisor

Neal's suggestion above worked very well! thank's a lot for your help Neal!
Points assigned too...
Bengt Sjöberg