108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: I cannot apply the Insight Dynamics License to a ESX Server 3.5

SOLVED
Go to solution
davesec
Advisor

I cannot apply the Insight Dynamics License to a ESX Server 3.5

I'd like to integrate my ESX Server (BL460) into VSE. Do do so I tried to apply the Insight Dynamics License to that blade. But this can not be acconplished because of the error:

==============================================
This tool cannot run on tstesx1 as it does not pass the conditions required for running it.

Device Type must equal Server and Device Sub-type must contain ProLiant

The properties that tstesx1 has for the failing conditions :
Device Sub-type: [Blade, c-Class, VMHost, VMWARE_ESX_VMHost]
Device Type: Server.
=============================================

What i'm doing wrong??
3 REPLIES 3
fred Passeron
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi

Surely nothing ;-) it must be the computer !

One can reasonnably think about an identification issue here since properties are not correct.
The two most important protocols responsible for bad identifications are SNMP and WBEM.
SNMP: check the snmpd.conf on the esx server located in /etc/snmp/ be sure that trap destinations are correct, snmp community strings should be checked as well.

WBEM:
be sure that a user had been set up in the system protocol settings for the machine.
be sure that the pegasus service (wbem layer)is runnning properly on the esx server (retsarting it sometimes fixes identification issues : service pegasus restart followed by a hp sim identification)
be sure that the vmm agent service is runniong on the esx : restart using service hpvmmsvccnt restart or use the hp sim web ui to restqrt the vmm agent

You can also use the CRA configure and repair agents to fix these communications issues.

Try these different options, I would start with the wbem part personnally ;-)

Once the server is properly identified , the licensing will go fine.

hope it helps

fred
тАЬLife is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.тАЭ Isaac Asimov
davesec
Advisor

That was the right rirection. I had to remove all hpagent rpms on the ESX server with

# rpm -e package

And reinstall it over Configure or Repaire Agent.

Case Closed.
davesec
Advisor

Done.